Matt Loewenthal on Water Monitoring Under the Environment Act 2021
Jun 29 2023
As part of the Environment Act of 2021, England's water monitoring infrastructure is getting a massive update, with thousands of new instruments installed to monitor a suite of new parameters. To make this leap effectively, we'll need the experience and expertise of water monitoring veterans like Matt Loewenthal, who joins Graham Meller to discuss how to get the most out of all of the new instruments and all of the new data. The pair also discuss:
- What value can be derived from an expanded water quality monitoring network?
- Can this new water monitoring network derive a baseline of national water quality?
- Will this network analyse more than just storm overflows and sewage works?
- How useful will this new data be for water companies?
- What are the new parameters outlined in the Environment Act 2021 and are they useful?
- How reliable and accessible are ammonium and ammonia measurements?
- How frequently does an ammonium probe need to be recalibrated?
- Do you have any advice for taking nitrate and phosphate measurements?
- With so many thousands of new monitors set to be installed in England, what sort of expertise is needed to extract relevant trends and information from this massive quantity of data?
To watch the discussion, click here.
In This Edition Business News - Celebrating The Life Of A Gas Measurement Industry Icon - A New Home For Gas Sensor Specialists - Envea Completes The Acquisition Of Hycontrol Ltd Environ...
View all digital editions
Jul 02 2023 Albena, Bulgaria
Jul 04 2023 Cardiff, UK
Jul 05 2023 Johannesburg, South Africa
Jul 11 2023 Shanghai, China
Jul 11 2023 Lagos, Nigeria