Water Industry Insider Discusses How the Environment Act Will Affect Monitoring
Apr 28 2023
Many years in the making, the Environment Act of 2021 came into full effect in 2022. As one of the most consequential pieces of legislation in recent years, there are very few sectors of the economy that will be unimpacted - but how, in particular, will the water industry be affected?
To answer this question and to discuss the state of British water monitoring in 2023, Graham Meller is joined by Wilfred Denga, Business Lead for the Bathing Rivers Programme at Severn Trent Water. Some of the topics include:
- How did Wilfred end up working on Severn Trent Water's bathing water projects?
- How does untreated sewage end up in British rivers?
- Is the situation getting worse?
- How and when will Severn Trent Water meet the Environment Act's requirements for monitoring upstream and downstream of discharge outlets?
- How will the data produced by these new monitoring networks be managed?
Click here to watch the full interview.
In This Edition Business News - Celebrating The Life Of A Gas Measurement Industry Icon - A New Home For Gas Sensor Specialists - Envea Completes The Acquisition Of Hycontrol Ltd Environ...
View all digital editions
Jul 02 2023 Albena, Bulgaria
Jul 04 2023 Cardiff, UK
Jul 05 2023 Johannesburg, South Africa
Jul 11 2023 Shanghai, China
Jul 11 2023 Lagos, Nigeria